This is an awesome and simple recipe that I’m sharing with my newsletter subscribers (sign up here).
When I cooked this recipe up I paired it with this marinated snap peas recipe, so that’s a great pairing if you’d like to do both.
Salmon is a favorite around my house because it is a super nutritious fish, high in omega-3s. We focus on getting wild caught salmon, because it is significantly better for you (and the fish). Omega-3s are an essential fatty acid that your body needs, and Salmon contains both DHA and EPA, which even help your body manage stress and anxiety.
This recipe should take 15 minutes or less because it requires no marinade.
Sweet Garlic Buffalo Salmon
- 2 skin-on salmon filets 6-8 ounces each
- 1 tbls ghee or use avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Sweet garlic buffalo sauce
- 2 tbls butter
- 2 tbls Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tsp honey
Cooking the salmon
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee (or avocado oil) in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the salmon skin side up and cook until browned on the bottom (about 3 minutes). Flip to the skin side and cook and additional couple of minutes to your desired doneness.
Making the sauce
- Add butter to a small sauce pan and heat on low to medium-low heat. Cook until the butter is fully melted, and optionally brown the butter slightly.
- Add hot sauce, garlic, and honey and cook for another 3 minutes on low heat.
- Top the salmon with the sauce and enjoy!