I’ve been incorporating this Superfood Yogurt into my morning breakfast routine w/ a Bulletproof coffee and it has honestly been giving me a ton of energy and focus in the morning.
The recipe is super simple, and it’s packed with antioxidants, good fats, probiotics, and vitamins. In general, I’ve been trying to get more fat and protein into my diet, in particular in the morning so this is a great way to kick things off.
- 1/4 cup whole fat grass fed yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp Blueberries (organic)
- 1 tbsp Hemp seeds (organic)
- 1 tbsp Cocao nibs (organic)
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl1/4 cup whole fat grass fed yogurt
- Top with all of the other ingredients and enjoy!2-3 tbsp Blueberries (organic), 1 tbsp Hemp seeds (organic), 1 tbsp Cocao nibs (organic)
These ingredients are packed with benefits! I specifically selected these 4 ingredients to boost me up in the morning.
Benefits of yogurt
Using a full-fat, grass fed yogurt is really important. And of course make sure there are no added sugars! We’re going for full natural here.
- This high fat yogurt is a great way to kick start your metabolism and increase satiety.
- Because yogurt is fermented its filled with great probiotics that feed your microbiome!
- Yogurt contains:
- and other vitamins
Because this recipe calls for full fat, even just a 1/4 cup of it keeps me satiated but I don’t feel too full!
Benefits of blueberries
Blueberries are actually pretty low in calories, but they are dense in nutrients:
- Antioxidants, which protect your body from free radicals that can damage your cells and contribute to aging and cancer.
- Fiber, which can aid in fat loss, lower cholesterol, and help your digestive system.
- Vitamin C, which is great for your immune system and sleep health.
- Vitamin K, which is critical for blood clotting and bone metabolism.
- Manganese, which is used for metabolizing amino acids, cholesterol, glucose, and more.
Benefits of hemp seeds
Hemp seeds are technically nuts, so they add that great texture and flavor to this superfood mixture.
- Hemp seeds are filled with good fats and plant protein, and they have a higher % of protein compared to most other nuts and seeds like Chia seeds.
- Hemp seeds provide all of the essential amino acids making them a complete protein. Complete proteins are rare to find in plant based protein sources.
- Two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). Because of these essential fatty acids studies have shown that hemp seed oil can be good for skin conditions like eczema.
Benefits of cocao nibs
Cocao nibs are the least processed form of cocao with no added sugar and minimal processing. It’s like eating right from the plant! Lately, I’ve been hearing so much about the benefits of cocao which is why I decided to add them to my diet.
Some of the benefits includes a substantial amount of:
- and more!
Chocolate and cocao stimulate the brain into releasing neurotransmitters that can elevate your mood! So cool.
Thanks for checking this out!