Every week we make a variation of a veggie bowl like this. These are loaded up with nutritious vegetables, and we’ll often pair it with a small amount of quinoa (or other grain) and a simple dressing.
This should make 3-4 servings.
Kale and Beet Tahini Bowl
- 2 Beets
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Bunch of kale
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 0.5 cup Uncooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon
- 1 pinch salt, pepper, and paprikia
- 1 tbsp water add water as needed to thin out the dressing, I would add a tbsp or less at a time until it's at your desired consistency. I usually don't use more than 1 or 2 tbsp.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Cut beets and carrots into 1 inch pieces
- Toss in 1 tbls of olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste
- Place on an oven sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Wash, and then tear or roughly chop the kale.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the kale and lightly sauté. Cook, turning the kale in the pan for 3-5 minutes until tender, but not overly wilted. Toss in a pinch or two of salt to taste.
- Add the quinoa to a pot with 1 cup of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, add a top, and then let simmer for about 20 minute or until all the water is gone.
- Add the tahini, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and paprika to a small bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add water to thin out the dressing as needed. You can also add add'l vinegar or oil. Taste as you go.