Every week I’m looking for easy and healthy dinner recipes that I can whip up and share. In general, I’m cooking for two and we love to have left overs! We can sometimes stretch this recipe to one more meal, or we’ll add a filet to get left overs.
I found this recipe in Shawn Stevenson’s book Eat Smarter (which I highly recommend!) and it’s so simple and tasty! I’ve made this quite a few times now.
Health benefits of Salmon
Salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3s are an essential fatty acid that your body can’t make on its own. This what we mean when we’re talking about good fats! You need these! Salmon contains both EPA and DHA Omega 3s, and you really do want both of these. Both are difficult to get from a plant based diet only.
I would make sure to get a high quality, wild caught Salmon filet, or something comparable.
Honey Sriracha Salmon
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce plus a little more for serving
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 skin-on salmon filets 6-8 ounces each
- 1/2 lemon
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil with the sriracha, honey, and salt
- Place the salmon in a shallow bowl and coat with the hot sauce mixture. Let it marinade for at least 20 minutes at room temperature. I usually let it sit 20-25 minutes.
- Heat the last tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium. Once hot, add the salmon skin side up and cook until browned on the bottom. Flip to the skin side and cook and additional couple of minutes to your desired doneness.
- Add a small squeeze of lemon on each filet, plate them and top with a small dab of sriracha.
Let me know what you think!
Have you tried this recipe? Or changed something about it? Drop a comment!